Sunday, May 4, 2008

Indecision 2008

I really hate packing.

Oh well, I guess it has to be done.


I'm so burnt out on the election right now. It's difficult to describe my thoughts, but I'm going to try.

1) I don't think this is hurting the Democratic party. I think the only people saying that are Rush Limbaugh or similar, in a desperate attempt to project some sort of crumbling image onto us. I think it's perfectly healthy for us to be having such a drawn-out debate, because this is probably the most important job in the country, and being highly scrutinized should be part of the process. Even though it's becoming tiresome at this point, it is important that we look more seriously at candidates before ushering them through the nomination process. Or it could be a lot worse, and we could just wake up one day and accidentally nominate someone we don't necessarily like that much (ie - John McCain). This is a better way, I think. Besides, the only reason we're being so fussy is because we know we're picking the future president.

2) Hillary Clinton is my first choice. Let me qualify that by saying that I absolutely love Barack Obama as well. I'm like, 55-45 in favor of Ms. Clinton. I'm sick to death of supporters of one hating the other. I think it's total bullshit when people imply that they're so opposite that you can't support them both. That's just simply not true. I think they've only voted differently twice or something crazy like that. They are cut from the same cloth. Either would do a fantastic job. For me, it came down to relatively small matters that decided it for me. It's really stupid and completely indefensible, but what really solidified my choice was when I saw that campaign stop she made where someone stood up and started yelling "Iron my shirt!"

I just thought, FUCK THAT, GO HILLARY GO! Of course, I have other reasons, but that was an *aha* kind of moment.

3) If Barack Obama gets the nomination, I'll be thrilled to vote for him. I'll be disappointed, sure, but the second the Democratic party decides on a nominee, I will be behind them 100%.

4) That being said, if this delegate process gets shady, I'm gonna be pissed. I think the candidate with the most votes should be the nominee. I know, coming from a Clinton supporter that might sound odd. But truth be told, if Clinton starts pulling shenanigans with the Superdelegates, I'm not supporting her anymore. It's completely hypocritical to tout democracy and then not follow the people's mandate. I know they're very very very close, but still. Ugh.

I wish they'd run together, but I don't know if that could even be a possibility now. And honestly I don't think Clinton would accept the VP position, simply because I imagine she could be a more effective senator.



So basically right now I'm just waiting for this to play out. If it goes "my" way, then great, but if it doesn't, that's just fine as well. People who are claiming they won't vote for Clinton if Obama loses, or won't vote for Obama if Clinton loses are RIDICULOUS. I would urge them to remove their heads from their asses and seriously consider the alternatives.


I think right now we should be focusing on how much John McCain SUCKS. That's one thing I'll never get tired of.

No comments: