So sorry that I have some fucking principles. UGH. I am not stupid! I, in fact, have a right to my opinions, and I would hope that people who claim to love and care about me would respect them. Is that so much to ask?!
So I'm having a craptastic week. Seems fitting to cap off a generally craptastic summer. To be truthful, however, summer has gone by very quickly, which I am quite happy for. Hopefully I'll be able to do a few more things before I go back to school, but we'll see.
I probably won't go back until the 15th or 16th at the earliest, because school starts on the 20th, and I'd like to get as much out of my time in Texas as possible. This is my last real summer, methinks. Scary thought.
So, I forgot that there were going to be roofers here today, and stayed up waaaay too late (watching "Boy A" - so freaking amazing, SEE IT NOW!) only to be rudely awoken at 7:15 by loud banging above my head that has yet to cease. Yay.
Oh, I'm going to Berlin for fall break. Officially. I waffled a lot about it, but in the end, I know I won't get another chance like this. 10 days in one city. I can practice my German, hang out with cool people, see Europe for the first time, and learn shit (apparently). I'm pretty excited. Travel stresses me out, though. I love it, but sometimes it's just sensory overload. I won't get a break at all, though, and I won't get to come home, so that's a major downside. But I have to do what I think is most beneficial in the long run. And hell, there's no way it's going to be anything but fantastic, so I might as well just go.
I figure I'll be home for a month at Christmas anyway.
I have been a bit of a jackass this summer. If I don't know what to do with a situation, I tend to disengage. It's not really intentional, I just get scared. Unfortunately I have developed a need for black and white decisions in order to avoid anxiety. Life is not like that, though, and I need to learn to deal with ambiguity. Still. Angst.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment